AWS Cloud Administrator
We are looking for experienced AWS Cloud Administrator to work alongside web and the application team to support setting up and managing our applications in Amazon Cloud. We practice Agile development, with a heavy focus on Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Pair Programming. This collaboration necessitates working in our Singapore office. We would love to hear from you, reach us:
WHAT WE DO
At fastacash, we are leading the way in social and messaging payments. We work with banks, mobile wallet providers, mobile operators, remittance companies and other financial institutions, to bring our technology to end consumers – enabling them to leverage social and messaging channels to transfer money, airtime, coupons, etc.
Fastacash is named as one of the top start-up employer of choice in HRM Asia!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Given our unique positioning, the engineering team is responsible for leading technology and innovation initiatives to drive growth objectives.
As the Software Engineer, you will work closely with VP, Engineering to grow fastacash’s technology and innovation in the social and digital space.
• Deploying, managing, and operating scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
• Implementing and controlling the flow of data to and from AWS
• Selecting the appropriate AWS service based on compute, data, or security requirements
• Identifying appropriate use of AWS operational best practices
• Estimating AWS usage costs and identifying operational cost control mechanisms
• Communicates orally and in writing to high level public officials, as well as a variety of audiences.
• Produce weekly activity reports, oral presentations, briefings, standard operating procedures (SOPs), software development life-cycle (SDLC) documents and checklists, risk and issues logs and required artifacts.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for backend engineers excited about working on our innovative idea that provides end-user access to our backend services. We practice Agile development, with a heavy focus on Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Pair Programming. This collaboration necessitates working in our Singapore office.
- University Degree in Computer science or similar. Master's or Ph.D. will be considered a strong plus.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in AWS cloud
- Full stack DevOps knowledgeable in following
- Experience in at least one of the scripting/programming language JSON, YAML, Bash, Perl, Ruby and Python
- Have at least 5-6 years experience in Linux system administration.
o building and understanding linux services
o securing the box
o able to identify and solve problems using CLI
- Must have network and security background
o knows how to maintain iptables
o understands security groups
o undestands SELinux
- Mminimum 5 years hands on experience in all AWS services.
- Monitoring experience with the below tools is essential
o New relic
o Sar and Basic to advance system stats.
Additionally, experience in one or more of the following areas is highly preferred:
- Mobile app development or integration
- Social network APIs
- Bank, credit card, or payment systems integration
- Experience with the following tools
Personal Traits and Skills:
• Team player, effective in working in teams, or pairs
• Share passion and drive about the job at hand
• Show initiative and propose solutions to complicated problems
MORE ABOUT US
Incorporated in Singapore in 2012, fastacash provides a global platform that allows users to transfer value (money, airtime, other tokens of value, etc.) along with digital content (photos, videos, audio, messages) through social networks and messaging platforms, enabling secure and cost-effective transactions domestically and internationally. As a technology enabler, fastacash partners with banks, mobile operators, remittance companies, mobile wallets and payment service providers to bring its technology to end-users.
For more information please visit www.fastacash.com
This position is only open to Singaporean/PR or those who hold valid residency status