Crowdsourcing – Singapore – English Speaking
Crowdsourcing Opportunities – Singapore – English Speaking
Multiple, Web Evaluation Projects
Appen is excited to announce that we are partnering with a global software client to provide crowdsourcing solutions for multiple web search evaluation projects. This is a unique and exciting adventure for us, and we would like to invite you to join our Appen Crowdsource Community in this research! Come complete extra tasks and earn some bonus cash while helping provide our client with crowdsourcing solutions for many of their web search evaluation projects.
What is Crowdsourcing?
Crowdsourcing runs on the belief that more heads are better than one. Instead of obtaining ideas or opinions from a small number of employees, Crowdsourcing allows researchers to collect lots of interesting and vital data points from a wide variety of people. It is an effective way to tap into the collective intelligence of the public at large, which in turn results in a greater quality of information.
Crowdsourcing also provides people who like work online with the opportunity to participate in a variety of tasks from the comfort of their own home. These Human Intelligence Tasks, called HITs are used in many kinds of applications, such as data annotation, multimedia, and search engine result evaluation.
What are the differences between web evaluation work and crowdsourcing?
• All work is provided via an online tool, which allows contractors to complete tasks from wherever they can find an internet connection in their country.
• Work is done at your own pace, with no requirement of a minimum number of hours or tasks completed.
• All guidelines are available in the tool.
• No training is provided. It’s that easy!
• No technical support is provided.
How will I get paid for this task and what about taxes?
• Each task is assigned a rate per HIT. This rate varies by complexity of the task, but typically ranges from $0.01 - $0.10 per HIT submitted
• Once you have earned a minimum of $50 USD, payment will be made monthly via PayPal. More details will be provided upon acceptance of this opportunity.
• As an independent contractor, you are responsible for all taxes
If you are selected for a project you will receive a contract sent to you in a separate email. Once you have signed it, you will be given instructions as to how to proceed. You are not required to submit a resume for this particular project, however if you do, you may be selected for other types of projects.
Don’t miss this exciting opportunity to be a part of a new venture with Appen! We look forward to hearing from you soon.
If interested, please follow the link to register:
This position is only open to Singaporean/PR or those who hold valid residency status
Bookmark or share this page with: