Finance and Operations Executive
About Costello Medical
Costello Medical is a global healthcare agency specialising in medical communication, health economic and outcomes research. We work with a wide range of clients, including the industry’s most successful pharmaceutical and medical technology companies, patient and public health bodies and charitable organisations. Our lasting client partnerships create a direct and measurable impact on the successful launch of novel therapies and devices across a wide range of disease areas. Our vision is to be a community of the very best people, constantly challenging ourselves to make meaningful and outstanding contributions to improving healthcare.
We are growing fast and will be opening offices in China and the US in 2019-2020. Our Singapore office was founded in 2014 and is now home to over 25 colleagues serving clients in the Asia-Pacific region.
We are proud of our company values and aim to offer a fun environment where hard work is rewarded and in which employees can develop and progress within their roles.
About the Role
We are seeking a proactive and enthusiastic individual to utilise their existing experience and play a key role in delivering a wide range of financial and operational tasks. Working alongside our Finance and Operations Team based at our Global Headquarters in Cambridge, you will quickly take on significant responsibility across the finance function, focussing on a mixture of sales ledger and purchase ledger tasks. Your operations tasks will include overseeing all aspects of the smooth running of the Singapore office, liaising with external suppliers and providing an excellent service to colleagues.
While previous operations and HR experience is not essential, this role will require someone with experience from a previous financial or accounting role. As a key member of a growing office there is great potential for you to develop the role and take on additional responsibilities across both finance and operations.
Finance responsibilities will include:
- Sales ledger: producing, sending and monitoring invoices as well as contacting clients to ensure timely payments, where necessary
- Purchase ledger: approving and/or obtaining approval for all purchase invoices, recording and reconciling all petty cash and reviewing credit card expenses
- Payroll: maintaining and updating details for payroll to be prepared
- Managing and maintaining client contracts
- Advising our scientific teams on invoicing
Operations responsibilities will include:
- Managing our insurance schemes, including processing staff changes to insurance schemes and annual renewals
- Processing HR letters and tracking responses
- Supporting recruitment, including managing employment passes and overseeing aspects of the new starter process
- Supporting the performance review process and internal promotion rounds
- Managing interactions with the landlord and building management where needed
- Ad-hoc tasks in support of the team
What Background Should You Have?
The successful candidate will have a “can do” approach and the initiative, positivity and creativity required to continually improve processes and ease the administrative burden on their colleagues.
Essential requirements for the role:
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English as well as business level Mandarin
- Fluency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Practical experience working within an accounts or finance function, especially sales ledger, with experience in other aspects of financial or management accounting
- The ability to manage suppliers to ensure that we receive an excellent service
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to manage pressure, conflicting demands and prioritise tasks and workload
- An excellent level of productivity and the flexibility to respond to changing deadlines
What We Offer
We offer a starting salary of S$3,000 – S$4,000 per month depending on your previous experience.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and cover letter via our online application form here: https://www.costellomedical.com/careers/current-vacancies/finance-and-operations-manager/. In your cover letter you should explain why you think you would be suited to the role and why you would like to join Costello Medical.
Please note that you must be eligible to work full-time in Singapore without sponsorship.
This position is only open to Singaporean/PR or those who hold valid residency status
Bookmark or share this page with: