HR Country Manager
Manages the delivery of core HR and Employee-related services to meet operational demands in each business unit (country), which comprises a manufacturing-based (factory) environment with a corporate office in each country. In charge of ensuring a smooth and structured HR services unit which delivers administrative excellence, office facilities management which includes the site security and industrial nursing team, and responsible for Industrial and Employee Relations matters, including disciplinary proceedings and front faces the employee unions as the first point of contact between them and the management.
* Accountable to ensure the full delivery of HR/Employee services to meet the operational needs of the business unit. Manages all facets of HR Administration, Office and Site facilities which includes security and industrial medical care. Within remit of role are also ER and IR matters, including collective bargaining and conflict resolution, disciplinary action and employee grievance issues. Acts within the local employment law and company employment rules and regulations.
* Acts as the full spectrum HR Manager for the unionised and non management employees, overseeing their recruitment, manpower planning, performance appraisals, benefits and salary execution and administration, ER/IR matters and basic training deployment. With a dotted reporting line to the Country GM Operations, this role serves as the main HR Business Partner to Operations (core manufacturing, product development, quality assurance, planning, and
manufacturing services departments)
* For Executive and Management level employees, the role is responsible for providing HR transactional services, which includes, but not limited to : salary and benefits execution, letter generation, employee records management, employee cost management and budgeting, and all ER/IR matters including handling exits and disciplinary procedures and investigations.
* The role serves as the main contact point of Management with the Employee unions, and is responsible for leading the company negotiations for Collective bargaining, signing the Collective Agreement with the respective local recognised union, handling day to day grievances and issues related to blue-collared workers. Works closely with the Senior perations team to monitor and ensure discipline, high work ethics and organisation of staff for shift work, in a factory environment which runs full and partial shifts.
* Reporting directly to the Group HR Director, the role works closely with Group HR team to recommend, define and develop HR policies, policy reviews, implementation and takes full alignment so that the HR practices between countries are aligned where it makes commercial sense, and differentiation is intended for specific operational needs unique to the country. Deploys and executes HR initiatives in the country operations to the spirit of the objective of each initiative, which is to drive a high performance environment where meritocracy reigns.
* Manages various aspects of employee and HR administration to ensure compliance to local regulations, including core transactional activity such as payroll, HRDF and training budgets, and other facilities-related aspects of the role to create and maintain a professional workplace. Provides HR reports and fulfills reporting requirements as required by the Group HR team.
B. Leadership / People
* Leads the Country HR ESU team, ensuring that each role focus and expectations are clarified, and the right people are in every role, making necessary changes to increase efficiency and ensure every HR role is occupied by the best in class talent. Forges team unity, building a strong cohesive HR unit which plays by teamwork and relates openly to the rest of the organisation, with an open and merit-based high performance culture and work ethic.
* Establish strong internal and external networking with key stakeholders, to obtain buy in for HR initiatives which are needed by the business and work closely with the line managers in ensuring solid implementation for all key initiatives.
* Partners the line managers in continuously increasing work standards and employee engagement, giving timely intervention where needed, to retain key talent, maintain and uplift overall operational staff morale, and act as a sounding board to line managers on HR/ people development matters, especially overseeing talent development for unionised and non management employees. Acts as a credible leader and coach within the Operations team.
* Identify high potential and promotable talent within the teams, working closely and directly with the management.
* On-board, induct new employees (Non management level) closely with the line managers, ensuring there is strong communication between parties and HR conflicts are surfaced and resolved early, to maintain industrial harmony and productivity.
This position is only open to Singaporean/PR or those who hold valid residency status
Bookmark or share this page with: