Market Research Associate
The Market Research Associate’s (MRA) role is to work with various stakeholders across the healthcare IT community within Asia Pacific and the Middle East to advance the mission of HIMSS in improving health outcomes through information technology. The MRA’s primary responsibility is to provide support to the Healthcare Advisory Services Group on delivering consulting projects related to HIMSS Analytics’ Maturity Models including the globally–recognized Healthcare IT benchmark, the EMR Adoption Model (EMRAMSM). The MRA is expected to closely work with healthcare organizations as well as governmental bodies and develop a thorough understanding of the healthcare organization being assessed, including identifying the key stakeholders, and the timeframe in which the assessment has to be completed. Apart from Health IT maturity assessments, the MRA may have to assist in producing market intelligence reports on healthcare IT trends and deliver custom market research services to solution providers.
1. Collects and analyzes healthcare information related to IT processes and environments, products, IS department composition and costs, IS department management metrics, healthcare trends and purchase-related decisions.
2. Coordinate and organize all interview materials, correspondence, delivery system reports and determine a time schedule for completion of projects.
3. Work with relevant personnel to determine the best methodology to acquire relevant information.
4. Schedule teleconference meetings with key contacts for telephone interviews to conduct the survey as well as to develop a deeper understanding of the healthcare organizations’ health IT environments and workflows.
5. Validate information provided by utilizing the vendor database and other internal tools to determine that the data collected is accurate.
6. Data enter any information necessary and thoroughly review all information collected for validity and accuracy and correct all errors prior to turning in as complete.
7. Utilize database management tools such as Microsoft ACCESS to deliver healthcare products and services such as healthcare IT maturity assessments, benchmarking reports, vendor/product market share reports etc.
8. Utilize business intelligence tools such as BusinessObjects to deliver healthcare products and services such as EMRAM Gap Overview and EMRAM Segment Comparisons
9. Schedule and organise Stage 6 validation, Stage 7 validation, and Mock Stage 7 onsite visits for healthcare organisations looking to be certified and recognized for their EMR achievement using the HIMSS Analytics EMR Adoption Model (EMRAMSM).
10. Develop an understanding of the requirements for achieving Stage 6 or 7 of the EMRAM, and assist organisations in understanding their current health IT maturity status as it relates to achieving Stage 7.
11. Gain broad knowledge of the healthcare and healthcare IT landscapes across Asia Pacific and develop sound understanding on key drivers for healthcare IT adoption as well as keen awareness of installation trends across the region.
12. Provide assistance on global market research projects for solutions providers on a wide-range of healthcare technology applications and solutions.
13. Contribute ideas and suggestions to help improve existing processes.
1. Experience in the field of market research and/or healthcare technology.
2. Degree, preferably in a quantitative-related field e.g. Statistics, Psychology, Market Research
3. Strong aptitude for data and experience working with Microsoft ACCESS and EXCEL
4. Excellent interpersonal skills – the ability to respond and work with a wide range of personality types internal and external to the organization including C-suites across a wide-range of healthcare organisations.
5. Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to determine effective and efficient strategies to coordinate and accomplish tasks.
6. The ability to create structure to effectively manage priorities and achieve goals.
7. Telephone data collection and/or research experience – This position requires a high comfort level in phone interviewing and spending time collecting information over the telephone.
8. Strong writing and analytical skills to craft data-driven health IT assessment reports.
9. Self-starter who takes initiative and can creatively find solutions independently.
10. Flexibility of character, comfortable with ambiguity.
11. Goal oriented, and driven to succeed.
12. Fresh graduates with an interest in market research and/or healthcare technology are welcomed to apply
13. Singaporeans, PR or those with relevant work permits only
This position is only open to Singaporean/PR or those who hold valid residency status
Bookmark or share this page with: