Fastacash™ is looking for a Project Manager. This person will take on the management of key projects. Project management responsibilities include delivering every project on time, within budget and within scope. We practice Agile development, with a heavy focus on Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Pair Programming. This collaboration necessitates working in our Singapore office.
WHAT WE DO
At fastacash, we are leading the way in social and messaging payments. We work with banks, mobile wallet providers, mobile operators, remittance companies and other financial institutions, to bring our technology to end consumers – enabling them to leverage social and messaging channels to transfer money, airtime, coupons, etc.
Fastacash is named as one of the top start-up employer of choice in HRM Asia!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Given our unique positioning, the engineering team is responsible for technology and innovation within the global FinTech community. As the Project Manager, you will work closely and report to the VP, Engineering to build fastacash’s social payments leadership position.
- Coordinate internal resources and partners for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- University Degree in Computer science or similar. Master's or Ph.D. will be considered a strong plus.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in project management
- Proven working experience in project management in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
Additionally, experience in one or more of the following areas is highly preferred:
- Mobile app development or integration
- Social network APIs
- Bank, credit card, or payment systems integration
- Tomcat or other application servers like WAS, Weblogic, etc
- MVC web frameworks
- Hibernate, Java Persistence, SQL
- PostgreSQL or any other RDBMS
- HTML 5 / PHP and responsive/mobile Web design
Personal Traits and Skills
- Able to lead a team of developers and mentor them
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Organize: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
- Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
MORE ABOUT US
Incorporated in Singapore in 2012, fastacash provides a global platform that allows users to transfer value (money, airtime, other tokens of value, etc.) along with digital content (photos, videos, audio, messages) through social networks and messaging platforms, enabling secure and cost-effective transactions domestically and internationally. As a technology enabler, fastacash partners with banks, mobile operators, remittance companies, mobile wallets and payment service providers to bring its technology to end-users.
For more information please visit www.fastacash.com
This position is only open to Singaporean/PR or those who hold valid residency status