SUPERINTENDENT – BUILDING (Urgent)
Project period: 2 ~ 3 years
Start date: Nov 2016
Working location: Malaysia
Leading work groups in planning systematic methodologies to be applied in the building works, based on knowledge of available manpower resources, tools, machineries and equipments.
Primary Duties And Responsibilities:
• Interprets blueprints and specification and discusses deviations from specified building procedures and or method statements to ensure compliance with the Quality Assurance/ Quality Control inspection plans and procedures.
• Administer construction activities, ensuring all building scope of works are achieved in accordance with the contract requirements and time frame, and in compliance with client’s specification and established standards. Identify any potential or actual slippage and discuss with the Project Manager.
• Supervises and coordinates all building activities, utilizing exemplary expertise in the application of systematic and scientific work methods, standards and procedures.
• Evaluate capabilities of craftsmen including machines and equipments and ensures all assigned duties are performed competently to achieve project objectives.
• Coordinates in the planning procedures of piping based on starting and completion for each phase of construction, ensuring priority deviations are resolved.
• Supervises the subcontractor's scope of works engaged in the building works to ensure that quality output is completed on schedule and to the acceptable standards and required specifications.
• Liaises with Supervisors, Foreman, Quality Control and Specialist of other disciplines to ensure the optimum interface of the various operational activities.
• Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and standards and that, building schedules are adhered to. Examines workmanship in the building works if it is in conformity to standards and specifications.
• Handles monitoring and reporting technical progress in conjunction with supervisors and project planning and control personnel.
• Demonstrate personal commitment to Health, Safety and the Environment by following and comply with Health, Safety and Environmental Regulations, Corporate Health, Safety and Environment Policy, and applying Company's Safety Management Systems
Secondary Duties And Responsibilities:
• Complies with all statutory requirements connected with the implementation of project.
• Assist in ensuring the proper closeout of project including transmittal of final documentation to client.
Other Skills And Competencies:
• Has the capability to coordinate personnel relating experience in the field of oil and gas industry, refinery, petro-chemical plants; with experience, for the past 5 years on the relevant position.
• Has been responsible for major industrial construction projects to construction engineering disciplines in the area of responsibility. Ability to meet Project deadlines.
• Capable of working on multiple tasks simultaneously, possess proactive approach to decision process and has the ability to carry out building activities in a multi-cultural
• Excellent technical, interpersonal and team working skills with full understanding of importance in planning and executing assigned work scopes.
• With knowledge of building codes and other codes used in the project, excellent technical
• background and skills and industrial environment.
• Process the ability to communicate well and with negotiation and presentation skills.
• Be able to liaise with subcontractor based on constructive planning skills while maintaining an appropriate cost, time, and quality of work.
• Can identify the need for and manage the integration of HSE and technical risk processes into engineering and project solutions.
• Fluent spoken and written English.
• Innovative, creative thinker, flexible and an excellent organizer.
Academic Education:Preferably or Graduate of Building Engineering
Certification: Diploma in Building Engineering
License: Preferably Licensed Engineer
Other Requirement: Age 35-45
Computer Skills: Emails and other, Window-based application
Work Experience: With 10 to 15 overall years of construction
Report To: Construction/Project Manager
If you are interested in this position, pls send your CV together with the scan copies of your Degree/Cert to us at the email address
Alert! Beware of scam targeting candidates wish to work overseas.
Please read this: Beware of job scam