We are looking for an innovative, go-getter to join the engineering team- who is passionate about technology, social and innovation!
WHAT WE DO
At fastacash, we are leading the way in social and messaging payments. We work with banks, mobile wallet providers, mobile operators, remittance companies and other financial institutions, to bring our technology to end consumers – enabling them to leverage social and messaging channels to transfer money, airtime, coupons, etc.
Fastacash is named as one of the top start-up employer of choice in HRM Asia!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
Given our unique positioning, the engineering team is responsible for leading technology and innovation initiatives to drive growth objectives.
As the Software Engineer, you will work closely with VP, Engineering to grow fastacash’s technology and innovation in the social and digital space.
• Lead the development of Fastacash’s content marketing strategy across different mediums including blogs, articles, video, infographics and across different social and digital channels
• Execute, monitor and measure success for content marketing efforts
• Work closely with our agency to ensure smooth execution and optimization of Fastacash’s digital and social effort
• Translate business requirements into software engineering tasks
• Estimate time required for and deliver software engineering tasks
• Evaluate technical feasibility
• Implement solutions with focus on TDD.
• Maintain code documentation
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for backend engineers excited about working on our innovative idea that provides end-user access to our backend services. We practice Agile development, with a heavy focus on Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, and Pair Programming. This collaboration necessitates working in our Singapore office.
- University Degree in Computer science or similar. Master's or Ph.D. will be considered a strong plus.
- Minimum 4 years of experience on development work on Java, Spring frameworks.
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance and scalability
- Experience building scalable software and distributed systems
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills (OOA/OOD)
- Proficiency in one or more of the following languages/platforms: Java, C, C++, and Python.
- Experience working with relational databases
- Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills
Additionally, experience in one or more of the following areas is highly preferred:
- Mobile app development or integration
- Social network APIs
- Bank, credit card, or payment systems integration
- Tomcat or other application servers like WAS, Weblogic, etc
- MVC web frameworks
- Hibernate, Java Persistence, SQL
- PostgreSQL or any other RDBMS
- HTML 5 / PHP and responsive/mobile Web design
Personal Traits and Skills:
- Team player, effective in working in teams, or pairs
- Share passion and drive about the job at hand
- Show initiative and propose solutions to complicated problems
MORE ABOUT US
Incorporated in Singapore in 2012, fastacash provides a global platform that allows users to transfer value (money, airtime, other tokens of value, etc.) along with digital content (photos, videos, audio, messages) through social networks and messaging platforms, enabling secure and cost-effective transactions domestically and internationally. As a technology enabler, fastacash partners with banks, mobile operators, remittance companies, mobile wallets and payment service providers to bring its technology to end-users.
For more information please visit www.fastacash.com
This position is only open to Singaporean/PR or those who hold valid residency status