Roles & Responsibilities
Summary of Responsibilities
The main responsibilities and tasks of this position are as listed below, but not limited to these:
- Promote and sell all functions of the catering and events to achieve personal and sales team goals as assigned.
- Procures new business for the hotel by establishing leads from our subscribed weddings vendor, potential wedding couples, past wedding couples, professional conference organizers.
- Co-organize / organize Wedding Shows, Fairs and PR related functions.
- Promotes hotel as often as possible through entertaining, conducting site inspections, tour familiarizations & hotel presentations.
- Analyses trends, historical & other statistical information to develop sales strategies and comparing industry practices vs. hotel’s practices.
- Creates and implements special programs / packages / promotions to achieve greater productivity through:
- Increasing average rate per cover
- Increasing occupancy (Maximize Utilization of Function Space)
- Increasing business volume during non-peak periods
- Upselling and maximizing food and beverage banqueting sales, room rental, AV & miscellaneous revenue.
- Main liaison person between clients/ planners, and the hotel operational departments, for all event & catering logistics from planning to execution to after-sales stages.
- Follow up on proposals in a timely manner and negotiate terms pertinent to the sale of conference and banqueting services
- Handles the Sales & Catering system of Opera.
- Attends & conducts event briefings, Banquet Event Order (BEO) meetings, Pre-Con meetings, and any other meetings.
- Handles administrative works and keeps up-dated files on the following Catering Sales matters including:
- Past, present, and future events
- Menus and beverage lists
- Finances (Deposits / Invoices, etc.)
- Personnel and Training
- Other hotels Conference and Banqueting operations
- Material and Equipment
- Provide supervision of job functions assigned to junior staff members and check the effectiveness to each staff when completed.
- Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions to problems.
- Handles and share constructive feedbacks from guests for continued improvements.
- To perform any other duties that may be assigned by the Management.