To assist the Senior Manager in the smooth operation of the Campus Retail Dining and Hostel Dining Services. This would include operations of the various student hostel dining halls and retail dining outlets in and around the 3 campuses e.g. KRC, UTown and BTC.
Duties & Responsibilities
Retail Dining Services
• Manage operational matters for the retail and F&B facilities within campus and work closely with stakeholders and the tenants.
• Ensure that all operational, safety issues and emergencies are responded to and rectified promptly 24/7 basis.
• Plan, budget and implement asset enhancement works to retail and F&B outlets.
• Handle fit-out coordination works for retail and F&B outlets. (including canteens)
• Handle reinstatement works and pre-handing over inspections for expiring outlets.
• Work with lease management colleagues on tenancy matters and recommend improvement works needed for outlets due for renewals.
• Ensure that food hygiene standards and compliances are adhered to and ensure all the outlets are regularly inspected to maintain high hygiene standards and complete micro-biological testing as per schedule.
• Respond to feedback received promptly.
• Conduct and analyse customer surveys.
• Promote, implement, and manage, smart, innovative and sustainability projects.
• Handle procurement and contract management needed e.g., ITQ and ITTs.
• Engage and collaborate with tenants, stakeholders, and students on new initiatives.
• Safety coordinator to enhance safety and promote security awareness among tenants.
• Review BCP and carry out yearly TTX and call tree exercise.
• Provide management of day-to-day dining hall operations.
• Establish working relationship with HS managers to coordinate operation matters for properties.
• Monitor caterers’ performance and compliance to safety requirements and standards.
• Ensure high standard of hygiene and sanitation is maintained. To carry out monthly site inspections.
• Monitor compliance with all regulations regarding food preparation and serving, and including oversight on building safety/ maintenance of dining facilities.
• Provide forecast of the meal plan budget. Manage meal plan provision to be within the targeted budget.
• Maintain records required by government agencies regarding sanitation.
• Manage the kitchen facilities and replacement of faulty kitchen equipment.
• To work closely with both appointed vendor and students via the Student Dining Committee and ensure the meal requirements are fulfilled.
• Continuously introduce innovative ideas to create enjoyable dining experiences for resident.
• Reviewing menus and product ranges to ensure that all key quality standards are maintained.
• To engage catering services for events such as banquets or receptions etc.
• Establish and foster good relationships with College Masters and residents on meal related matters.
• Prepare tender documents for award of new dining contracts.
• Handling administration and required paperwork.Qualifications
• Degree in Hospitality or F&B Management.
• Proven experience – at least 5 years & above in similar position with F&B operations facilities such as major food courts, retail F&B outlets, medical facilities, army camps, boarding schools, airline catering.
• Experienced in Food Safety Management System and Halal certification.
• Innovative and creative in menu planning with good knowledge of dietary and nutritional requirements.
• Strong leadership skills with excellent people skills.
• A good team player who is passionate, proactive, meticulous and responsible with a willingness to learn.
• Ability to think out of the box with great problem solving skills and is resourceful.
• Ability to prepare contracts, proposal & approval papers to top Management.
• Proficient in MS Office applications.Covid-19 Message
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.