What is the opportunity?
As the Manager, Regulatory Controller, you will be responsible for Regulatory Reporting for Singapore Branch and various project initiatives that may impact the regulatory returns.
What will you do?
- The preparation, review and submission of regulatory returns to MAS
- Regulatory project enhancement for the new regulatory requirements, including performing UAT testing
- Preparation of annual and other ad hoc surveys and queries from MAS
- System change in relation to defect and change request for Singapore
- Assisting Head of Financial Control and Regulatory Reporting on external and internal audit in the area of regulatory reporting
- Regulatory returns on project initiatives that are driven by Finance or Business and require Finance engagement, including subject matter expertise, definition for the project and guiding the team to ensure the project deliverables are met
- Current regulatory project enhancements related to new regulatory requirements or business initiatives, including performing UAT testing.
- Conduct financial data analysis and testing associated with regulatory reporting projects and process improvements.
- Responsible for system changes in relation to defects and change requests for Singapore
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree or equivalent is required
- Professional Financial Accreditation (CFA, CA/CPA etc.)
- The role would typically require 8 years of experience in banking/financial industry, preferably with an understanding of Capital Market/Wealth Management products and drivers
- Knowledge of APAC regulatory requirements, particularly MAS requirements for Banks
- Functional knowledge/ experience of Finance processes and controls
- Experience in delivering process improvements across Finance
- Knowledge of accounting policies / standards
- Advanced MS-Office skills i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Knowledge/ experience with macros is an asset
- Knowledge of banking supervision laws and regulations
- A continuous improvement mindset and ability to look at issues through a process enhancement lens